Calendered Overlaminates – Cost Effective Protective Films
Calendered overlaminates are an excellent budget-friendly option for protecting a variety of inkjet printed substrates. They are generally thicker than cast overlaminates, resulting in easier handling and application.
Advantages of calendered films:
- Calendered films are now thinner, glossier, have better conformability and less shrinkage compared to years ago
- Production/manufacturing process yields less cost
- Stiffer/thicker film equals easier handling
- Ideal for flat, simple or non-complex curves
- Formulation of film increases resistance to abrasion